Dental hygiene is an everyday must and deals with the practice of keeping the mouth and teeth clean. Dental hygiene is recommended for the prevention of diseases like gingivitis, bad breath and dental cavities. Dental Hygiene is also important for a healthy regeneration and healing of the tissues in the mouth.
Problems related to dental hygiene:
- Digestion problem: Digestion begins in the mouth when we chew and any kind of an infection can lead to intestinal failure, irritable bowel syndrome and other digestive disorders.
- Oral and facial pain: Gum diseases like gingivitis and tooth decay can lead to a major pain in facial muscles.
- Heart and other problems: Mouth diseases can lead to heart diseases and lead to the inflammation of the heart valves by bacterial endocarditis. It also affects the lungs.
What can dental hygienists and dentists offer?
You should visit a dentist office at least twice a year. Dental hygienists and dentists provide educational, preventive and therapeutic measures along with solutions for good oral health.
- Teeth cleaning: Teeth cleaning is performed to remove the plaque for preventing diseases like cavities, gingivitis, gum disease, and tooth decay. Tooth polishing and scaling are common practices. The use of oral irrigators is common in which the plaque or decaying food is removed by using a stream of water.
- Oral examination: An oral examination is performed to identify diseased gums; bad breath abscessed teeth and coated tongue. Treatment includes dental hygiene instruction, or techniques such as root planing (deep cleansing), scaling and the use of antibiotics to treat offending bacteria followed by regular visits to the dentists.
- Teeth whitening: Teeth whitening is the procedure of whitening the yellow teeth to improve oral health. This includes bleaching of the teeth using a whitening gel. Vital whitening and non-vital whitening are the two common types.
Which foods are good for oral health?
- Sweet Potatoes
Personal oral hygiene:
As we know that prevention is better than cure, there are a certain daily habits that help you maintain a good dental hygiene for good oral health.
- Brush twice a day using a fluoridated toothpaste
- Floss daily
- Drinks with acid should be avoided
- Limit sugary foods
When you regularly visit your dentist once in a few months, all you would typically need is a routine cleaning. At Dr. Lin’s dentist office, we’re dedicated to your comfort and want you to have a trouble free and relaxing experience.
Contact us today to learn more about our services and to discover how we can help you secure and brighten your smile!