Dentistry deals with the study, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases, disorders and conditions of the oral cavity in the dentition and oral mucosa. It is also concerned with the adjacent and related structures and tissues, particularly in the jaw and facial area. It is critical to overall health.
Different dental treatments:
Dentistry today has evolved and covers more than just tooth decay or diseases. It covers prevention, hygiene and even aesthetics.
- Pediatric treatment: By the time children are 3 years old they develop baby teeth. Taking care of these milk teeth is very important. Any infection in the baby teeth can harm the permanent teeth that grow under them. Baby teeth also maintain the space for permanent teeth so if there is a loss of a baby molar, the permanent teeth will not have space to grow which leads to crooked teeth formation. The dentist takes care of the baby teeth through regular checkups and preventive dentistry.
- Preventive treatment: Taking care of your teeth and gums by regularly visiting the dentist protects you from cavities, gingivitis and other oral health issues. Scaling, cleaning and oral irrigation lowers the risk of oral diseases and in some cases it even helps in an early detection of oral cancer. A dental hygienist demonstrates the correct way to brush, floss and helps you maintain a good oral hygiene.
- Cosmetic treatment: As you age, you get stained teeth that are no more attractive. You may also lose teeth due to cavity or injury. Cosmetic dentistry along with restoration dentistry helps in regaining the natural beauty of your teeth. Procedures like bonding, teeth whitening and restoration help in obtaining a perfect smile with even teeth. Dental implants and denture dental partials are a common choice of the patients.
- Gum disease treatment: Diseases such as gingivitis and cavities can affect your mouth. Periodontal dentistry treats all the problems related to oral health like tooth extraction, root canal, bad breath treatment, cavities etc.
Benefits of visiting the dentist regularly:
- Enhanced oral health
- Look younger with cosmetic dentistry
- Prevent oral diseases
- Improved self esteem
- Prevent oral cancer
- Maintain overall good health
Yellow decayed teeth should not be a reason of low self- esteem and low confidence. It is not a problem that you need to live with forever. All you need is a dental appointment at Dr. Lin’s office in San Jose, CA.